Approval to Take a Summer Course at Another College
NJIT students who wish to take a class at a different college or university must obtain prior written approval from the Mathematical Sciences' Transfer Credit Advisor, Dr. Petronije Milojevic. To obtain approval, submit the "Approval for Undergraduate Courses at Other Colleges" form. Detailed instructions are located on the form.
For current course equivalencies, please view our Transfer Credit Course Equivalencies.
Students may only take a course at another college during the summer.
For an NJIT student to receive credit for courses taken at other institutions during the summer, they must follow the procedures and comply with the policies found in the NJIT catalog: catalog.njit.edu/undergraduate/academic-policies-procedures/. In particular the student must obtain approval from the DMS transfer credit advisor. Please note that approval is contingent on the following:
- Student must obtain a signed Approval for Undergraduate Courses at Other Colleges form.
- Student must submit signed form to the NJIT Registrar's office.
- Prior to taking course at another college, student must fulfill all prerequisite courses for the equivalent NJIT course. The approval, if given prior to completion of a prerequisite, is conditional on completion of the prerequisite course. Failure to meet NJIT prerequisite requirements will result in the course not being transferred to NJIT or used a prerequisite for an NJIT course.
- If students do not have a signed approval form prior to taking a course at another college, the course will not transfer, even if it is successfully completed.
- Courses taken at other colleges must be at least eight weeks in duration.
- In addition, no approvals will be issued for on-line / distance learning courses.
STUDENTS TAKING A PREREQUISITE COURSE AT ANOTHER COLLEGE:
Students who wish to take a class at a different college that is a prerequisite for another NJIT math course may obtain a prerequisite permit only AFTER they have completed the prerequisite course and have earned a grade of C or higher. Detailed instructions about how to obtain a prerequisite permit are located on the "Approval for Undergraduate Courses at Other Colleges" form.