Students will not be allowed to take courses offered by the Department of Mathematical Sciences until after they have removed all INCOMPLETE grades in the prerequisite courses. To remove a grade of INCOMPLETE, one of the following options applies:
1. Grade of INC received as a result of not taking the Final Examination:
Note that students who do not take the Final Examination for a valid documented reason may be given a grade of INCOMPLETE only if they are otherwise passing the course. In all cases, the INC can be removed by passing the Final Examination given in the course in the next regular semester. However, removal of the INC can be achieved earlier by taking a Make-Up Final Examination as follows, thereby permitting registration in a subsequent course. If the INC is received in the:
- Summer 2012 Semester: A make-up Final Examination will be made available to students on Wednesday, AUGUST 15, 2012±, the week before the beginning of the Fall Semester -OR- during the week of the Final Examinations for the Fall 2012 Semester (F-TH): December 14-20, 2012 -OR- Monday, January 7, 2013+.
- Fall 2012 Semester: A make-up Final Examination will be made available to students on Tuesday, January 15, 2013, the week before the beginning of the Spring 2013 Semester -OR- during the week of the Final Examinations for the Spring 2013 Semester (TH-W): May 9-15, 2013.
- Spring 2013 Semester: A make-up Final Examination will be made available to students on Wednesday, MAY 22, 2013 -OR- the student may take the Final Examination in the course if it is offered in the Summer Semester* -OR- Wednesday, AUGUST 14, 2013±, the week before the beginning of the Fall Semester -OR- during the week of the Final Examinations for the Fall 2013 Semester
* Note: If the make up final exam is offered during the Summer Semester, then students DO NOT qualify to take a make up final exam during the Fall Final Exam Period.
+ Note: Tentative Dates - Subject to change.
± Note: Additional Departmental Approval Required.
The DATES of the Make-Up Final Exams are as follows:
SEMESTER INCOMPLETE ISSUED
|MAKE-UP FINAL EXAM DATE|
|Spring 2013, Summer 2013||August 14, 2013~Wednesday|
|Spring 2013 ( 4 credit courses)||August 8, 2013~Thursday|
|Spring 2013 (3 credit courses)||July 18, 2013~Thursday|
|Fall 2012, Spring 2013||May 22, 2013~Wednesday|
|Fall 2012||May 9-15, 2013|
|Summer 2012, Fall 2012||January 15, 2013 ~ Tuesday+|
|Spring 2012±, Summer 2012||August 15, 2012 ~ Wednesday±|
|Spring 2012 (4 credit courses)||August 6, 2012 ~ w/ U12 Final Exams|
|Spring 2012 (3 credit courses)||July 16, 2012 ~ w/ U12 Final Exams|
|Fall 2011, Spring 2012||May 16, 2012 ~ Wednesday±|
|Fall 2011||May 3-9, 2012|
|Summer 2011, Fall 2011||January 9, 2012 ~ Monday|
|Spring 2011*, Summer 2011:||Dec. 12-16, 2011 ~ w/ F11 Final Exams+|
|Spring 2011±, Summer 2011±:||August 17, 2011 ~ Wednesday+±|
|Spring 2011 (4 credit courses):||August 8, 2011 ~ w/ U11 Final Exams+|
|Spring 2011 (3 credit courses):||July 18, 2011 ~ w/ U11 Final Exams+|
|Fall 2010±, Spring 2011:||May 18, 2011 ~ Wednesday+|
|Fall 2010:||May 5-11, 2011 ~ w/ S11 Final Exams|
|Summer 2010, Fall 2010:||January 12, 2011 ~ Wednesday+|
|Spring 2010*, Summer 2010:||Dec. 10-16, 2010 ~ w/ F10 Final Exams|
|Spring 2010±, Summer 2010±:||August 18, 2010 ~ Wednesday±|
|Spring 2010 (4 credit courses):||August 9, 2010 ~ w/ U10 Final Exams|
|Spring 2010 (3 credit courses):||July 19, 2010 ~ w/ U10 Final Exams|
|Fall 2009±, Spring 2010:||May 19, 2010 ~ Wednesday+|
|Fall 2009:||May 10-14, 2010 ~ w/ S10 Final Exams|
|Summer 2009±, Fall 2009:||January 13, 2010 ~ Wednesday|
In all cases, students MUST come to the Department of Mathematical Sciences at least ONE WEEK BEFORE the scheduled examination date (listed above)
to make the necessary arrangements to take a Make-Up Final Examination. For questions or more information, please click here.
2. Grade of INC received as a result of not completing a special project in a course:
The project must be completed by the end of the next regular semester.