In addition to the calculus sequence (Math 111, 112 and either 211 or 213), you need three required courses and two electives. The required courses are Math 222 (Differential Equations), Math 340 (Applied Numerical Methods), and Math 346 (Mathematics of Finance I), or their honors equivalents. The electives may only be selected from the list below.
Becoming a Mathematics of Finance and Actuarial Science Minor:
To declare a Mathematics of Finance and Actuarial Science minor,complete the online Request to Declare a Minor form. A signed copy will be sent to you via email. You must bring the signed form to the NJIT Registrar's office for processing.
Advising for the Mathematics of Finance and Actuarial Science Minor:
- Math 222 - Differential Equations (4-0-4)
- Math 340 - Applied Numerical Methods (3-1-3)
- Math 346 - Mathematics of Finance I (3-0-3)
Electives (choose two)
- Math 334 - Operations Research (3-0-3)
- Math 347 - Mathematics of Finance II (3-0-3)
- Math 432 - Mathematics of Financial Derivatives I (3-0-3)
- Math 433 - Mathematics of Financial Derivatives II (3-0-3)
- Math 441 - Actuarial Mathematics I (3-0-3)
- Math 448 - Stochastic Simulation (3-0-3)
- Math 477 - Stochastic Processes (3-0-3)