In addition to the basic calculus sequence you need three required courses and two electives. The required courses are Math 222 (Differential Equations), Math 340 (Applied Numerical Methods), and Math 346 (Mathematics of Finance I), or their honors equivalents. The electives may only be selected from the list below.
Becoming a Mathematics of Finance and Actuarial Science Minor:
In order to become a Mathematics of Finance and Actuarial Science minor, you need to print and complete two copies of the Request to Declare a Minor Form and bring it to the Math Office in Room 606, Cullimore Hall.
Advising for the Mathematics of Finance and Actuarial Science Minor:
- Math 222 - Differential Equations (4-0-4)
- Math 340 - Applied Numerical Methods (3-1-3)
- Math 346 - Mathematics of Finance I (3-0-3)
Electives (choose two)
- Math 334 - Operations Research (3-0-3)
- Math 347 - Mathematics of Finance II (3-0-3)
- Math 432 - Mathematics of Financial Derivatives I (3-0-3)
- Math 433 - Mathematics of Financial Derivatives II (3-0-3)
- Math 441 - Actuarial Mathematics I (3-0-3)
- Math 448 - Stochastic Simulation (3-0-3)
- Math 477 - Stochastic Processes (3-0-3)